BHLDN

Untitled
Let's talk about work for a minute. I am doing it. A lot. These photos are from a recent shoot I did with BHLDN, a truly top-notch bridal company started by the Anthropolgie and Urban Outfitters crew. Dream job, really. Dream people, dream clothes, dream food table. (Let's be real, the best part of shooting.)
Untitled
The idea behind the story was incorporating fragrance into a wedding using flowers- they asked me to come up with five fragrant elements and let me concept each from the ground up. I made a bridal bouquet, old-fashioned wrist corsage, ceremony garlands, a floral head crown and an entry wreath. Doing this for a living definitely has pinch-me moments and seeing David Meredith's photos was one of them.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Behind the scenes, the garlands were truly and completely ridiculous smelling. Like knock you over smelling. My dear friend Siri (who is a floral wizard in her own right) slaved over stringing them all afternoon and I'm pretty sure she had to stick her head out of the cab window on the way home.
Untitled
Siri is a prize and getting to work with her is fantastic. She grew up on a flower farm in Washington State- the real deal of flower girls. Between her and my sister, I'm pretty sure I'd never make it through a shoot without pulling all my hair out.
Untitled
The shoot wrapped at a breezy 1pm and we piled buckets of leftovers into a cab on 26th street. After shlepping the flowers back to my kitchen table, Siri got a monster bouquet to take home and when she left, I draped my house in lily garlands like it was no big thing. They wilted by nightfall and the next morning I stuffed them in the garbage can and went back to work.

35 comments:

  1. i'm so insanely excited to see these shots...though i do wish i could have smelled the shoot, too, haha. yummy-smelling flowers are one of the greatest things in life. i'm so glad it's spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...That bouquet in the first photo is just insanely awesome! And the lily garland, one can only imagine the heady fragrance...*swoons* :o)

    ...They couldn't of picked a better person for the job. Really. ;o)

    ...Thanks for letting us tag along & enjoy your weekend!

    ...Blessings :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish your pictures were "scratch and sniff".

    I bet those beauties smelled as divine as they looked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the "scratch and sniff" idea! :)
    Stunning work, Amy.
    A garland of lilies...wow, just takes my breath away.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wrist corsages! No one does those anymore in real, live weddings.

    And your outfit is adorable, and completed by the gorgeous flower designs. Three cheers for friends working together to make it all happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are truly amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work! i'll be on the lookout for these flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are beautiful! As are the flowers!
    We should ALL sign a petition then to make your pictures scratch and sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should do a wardrobe post!! Love your clothes Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are killing it. Just sayin'. Gorgeous, gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore all your creations....and that little wrist corsage is divine. I think I want to get married again and have you do the flowers!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A third to the scratch and sniff!!!

    oh, you....

    ReplyDelete
  13. just beautiful. And those lily garlands are stunning! How perfect for a art deco style wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can smell those flowers just looking at my computer screen! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy to see new posts from you! Worth the wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amy, I love what you said about the garland. Flowers are fleeting, and I don't know if I could take the end of all that work so gracefully.

    you're kind of like the floral Andy Goldsworthy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the flowers you use and you arrange them beautifully...love these photos x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Go, Amy Merrick, go!

    Sitting in my apt right now surrounded by your arrangements and don't know if I'll ever be as happy as I've been for the past 48 hours. THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look so beautiful, I wish I had one! really beautiful. http://emsdarkroom.blogspot.co.uk/ E x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a dream job, Amy! Every project you take on turns into a masterpiece. You flowers, photography and writing.
    Have you considered writing a book?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore that wreath. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow its such beautiful and amazing flower photos share here. Its all is too cool an colourful. You have done such fantastic and wonderful work. Its too good post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lily garlands! LILY garlands! LILY GARLANDS!

    Note to self: buy lillies, buy string...

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is just amazing, amy - you've truly outdone yourself on this project! always enjoy your work and your lovely blog. keep on inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore the garlands and wreaths just fab, great project you must have been in a floral scent stupor buy the end of the day!! Could think of worse things to be :)
    Carla x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic bouquet, the color palet, so exquisite!
    Amazing job.
    Tati

    ReplyDelete
  27. Indeed a very nice post on garlands.Your post is really very valuable and I have now subscribed the same,
    Garlands

    ReplyDelete