Uptown

I've got things to talk about that aren't tree peonies. Funny though, because I have no recollection of what they are. I've been digging in the troves of iphoto and found these from a photo shoot of a fancy interior designer. I wish I could have snapped a photo of the room it went into but it was all hush hush and no pictures please. Big black lacquered square dining tables with walls lined with magenta silk shantung and a crazy massive chandelier situation. I needed a photo name badge to enter into the service ahem servants entrance. Outside the building Gossip Girl was shooting.
There is a small thrill in peaking into lives like that. And an even bigger sense of relief coming home to a chubby cat, a studio littered with spent stems, and a life that doesn't demand once weekly manicures. Things as they are are okay by me.

26 comments:

  1. there's something about an 'ordinary' quiet life that is so right and good.

    lovely photos...I am so happy for you that your new adventure has taken off so well. :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! I love the color combination. Would love to design a room around it.
    Best,
    Amy Meier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, that arrangement looks like it was plucked out of a Dutch masters painting. I've said it once or twice before, but it always bears repeating: You got skillz, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to the comment above! Skillz with a 'z' indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so talented! VERY beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What stunning flowers, and what fun to get to see how the other half live! Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I love every arrangement you post. I love that you can be so subdued about something so bright and glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those violet anemones! What a beautiful tidbit to get me through dishes and laundry tonight....

    ReplyDelete
  9. everything you wrote....and the flowers. perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...this arrangement is just stunning. stunning! i honestly can't tell you how much my heart swells with happiness every time you post a beautiful bouquet like this. i hope one day i'll have flowers like this to explore (hopefully by you!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the colors are oozing out of my computer screen. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi there :)

    i just found your beautiful blog with all those stunning pictures and i will probably spend quite a part of my evening looking at it ;-)

    many greetings from austria
    salma

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just want to crawl into your flowers. The color palette is so rich and those peonies to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AGAIN with the PERSIMMONS, Merrick.

    Absolute heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw, love this. your honest talking, and the gorgeous flowers and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a good run with the persimmons for awhile there. Although those are from the same batch as the mums.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your flowers, and what a well written post.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love my ordinary life too. :) Those flowers are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your work and sensibility!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete