Book Party

IMG_8034
Hi Kittens. This is not a post so much as a furious wave out the window of a speeding train. Until my motion sickness subsides, I'm going to keep the talking to a minimum.
IMG_8152
IMG_8842
IMG_8864
The one thing that is keeping me going is that tomorrow night is the design*sponge party, something I've been excited for since my (albeit dusty) house was shot for it in 2009. Last fall Grace asked me to contribute a primer on basic flower arranging for the book, so that is included along with some of my diy projects. I'm am still pinching myself for being a part of it. 

Details for the party are here, I'd love if you stopped by and said hello to me and the other editors. I'm going to be wearing a party dress and some shoes with heels so I will be virtually unrecognizable for those of you who know me, even if my friends at Beacon's gave me proper attire. You will be able to find me by looking for the tall girl with the social skills of a feral child. See you at 6, friends.

21 comments:

  1. Oh! You look so pretty in that dress. Congratulations on being part of the book! Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Pretty dress! Pretty you! ;o)

    ...The party sounds simply spectacular and you so deserve to be a part of this special celebration! You go girl! Er, or is that Kitten? Better yet, Country Kitten! Er, or is that City Mouse? *sigh* Either way, have fun and party those darling shoes plum off! Or, is that plumb off? *giggle*shrug* :o)

    ...Enjoy!

    ...Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look beautiful, darling! and you are hilarious - "social skills of a feral child." brilliant, that. have fun at the fete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look simply stunning, Amy - have a lovely time and congratulations! that dress! loving the rhinestones and the feral child bit. that is the best! from one wallflower to another, i hear you but i'm sure you'll be absolutely sparkling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. have fun in that party...

    cheers!

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy you are such a super star! And I think the social skills of a six year old can be more entertaining than a snooty adult. Well done Miss Continuos Success Story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Amy, I'm a new reader from germany and I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah I still need to get my hands on that book! I loved the shoot they did of your house :D Hope it's a great party

    ReplyDelete
  9. I brought my copy in my bag to work today so that I can go straight to the party! I'll look for you- I love your blog, it would be great to say hello. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treat to bump into you this evening... the dress and all your contributions to the book were indeed spectacular! Keep it up, and keep seeing you around : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice blog!!! Happy to have found it! Enjoy your party! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely dress. I, too, have been wanting to get my hands on that book. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the christal details on the dress. They give such a beautiful light on the whole outfit
    Have a lovely day
    Sara C.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know the party will be amazing. You look stunning here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adore your shoes! Hope the party was lovely.

    I'm off to the nursery to purchase some of your houseplant suggestions that you gave on Cup Of Jo. Let's see if they last. I can't even manage to keep succulents alive in this place so wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suspect you had a great time at the party and I am so jealous of all who could go and meet you :)

    ReplyDelete