Wreath Making Workshop




I am really happy to announce I'll be teaching a wreath making workshop with Grace from design*sponge at the Brooklyn Flea this coming Sunday!

When Grace asked me if I'd be interested in leading the class I was really over the moon. Holiday wreaths are often maligned and ignored, but oh lord, there is nothing better than a good, wild natural wreath. The smell alone will boost your serotonin levels ten-fold.


To get in gear, I went down to Maryland to forage in the woods for greens to bring back to Brooklyn for the class. It was cold. Like damn cold. This is how much I love you, friends. Micha and I gathered for 2 hours while the temperature hovered around 25 degrees.






We have boatloads and boatloads of gorgeous things for the class, we both were completely giddy once we thawed inside and got to start playing with everything. It was, seriously, the best day we've had in a long time. Who knew wreath making was so fun and easy? Even my dad got really into it.







The class is this Sunday the 19th at 10am. The workshop costs $40, including all of the wreath materials, clippers and floral wire. (Um, cheap at even twice the price!)

I'm so so looking forward to Sunday and I really hope some of you New York locals sign up, we have a few spots left and I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

23 comments:

  1. Wow! If you made the main one pictured, that is ridiculously gorgeous!!! Wish I was in NY so that I could attend your class.

    Hope it goes great- beautiful pictures!!!

    xo,
    Casey
    www.blondebargainbabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more time I would love to be in NY. your work is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I really had so so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I SO wish I could come!! Now I want to find out if anyone's doing that around here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I lived in New York or you lived in Scotland. Then I could go to a wreath making class - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous wreath!! i made my own this year too, but you are giving me great ideas for next year. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are always really great.
    The wreath looks great! I might have to do this sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - it all looks gorgeous. I would definitely come if I lived nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its beautiful, it looks fun too! Lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely and sweet wreath. Here in the Pacific Northwest it doesn't get too cold, but a friend and I went out and gathered Cedar branches and holly berries to make wreaths. Now the front door of my house looks festive and beautiful :)

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks so beautiful! i actually have a stand at the brooklyn flea but i myself won't be there Sunday :(! i so wish i could come and take the class.. i hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore nandina berries.... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love handmade wreaths! The ones pictured are holiday perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your class! I actually have a question, do you go out into the woods to collect your materials? This must sound funny but I'm from LA and I can't imagine going out to get greenery for my apartment seeing as we have none/belongs to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds amazingly fun. No one in Marrakech has wreaths and it's just so, well, sad. I want to make one now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That wreath is so pretty! It sounds so fun to be out in the woods gathering the materials too. Hope your class went well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing work! Just beautiful. I wish I could be there, but alas I'm in snowy Ireland and the airport is closed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope the class was a smashing success! Your work is just stunning.
    Hopefully you brought your camera along so we can see more of the adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The final product is so beautiful and a little spunky. I bet it smells festive as well. Just the idea of foraging puts the glint in my eye and your efforts are heroic and inspirational. I love the photos on the ice. All magical.. I truly wish I was in New York to participate in the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I´m in love with your blog. Congratulations, i will follow it for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pictures are simply breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete