Ode to Patrick

They say that when one experiences acute withdrawal symptoms, the body goes through several worsening stages of physical and emotional distress, only to hit a plateau of hell at the bottom. Then, slowly, your symptoms begin to dissipate as your body acclimates to it's new equilibrium. Only when you reach that equilibrium can true personal growth begin.

But then the Time-Warner cable guy comes and reconnects you to the internet after a week of cyber solitary confinement and all of a sudden, thoughts of personal growth are pushed to the back burner as you spend a consecutive 5 hours looking at cute terrier mutts on petfinder.

So yeah. I have the internets again. It's good to be home.

wisteria



This is Patrick, my cable guy. He walked into my apartment and looked at my internet situation and said "I see you're interested in the whole antiques thing. Is that why you have an antique modem?". It was kind of amazing.

wisteria

He wants to start a cable guy blog about the crazy houses/people he sees day to day. He showed me some photos on his phone of potential subjects. Some had floor to ceiling Star Wars figurines. One had a 5' tall head of Michael Jordan. Crazy appliance hoarders abound. He took a few pictures in my place (do I fall into the hoarder category?!?) and in return I snapped a picture of him for you to appreciate. Thank you Patrick for saving my internet, you were a riot.

wisteria
Now that I'm back I promise to continue infrequently and erratically posting to this blog about topics of nonimportance to all.

28 comments:

  1. aha that's funny how he wants to start a cable guy blog about weird/interesting things he sees. I'd read that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he sounds like one crazy dude!
    I like him!
    unlike my internet service man who freaked when he walked in to find it was a mac computer.... but that's another story...
    glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. go nonimportance! :) patrick's blog concept is genius. i'd definitely follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i love this little story. brightened my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If he starts this blog please let us know. I would love to follow that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone should have a cable guy like Patrick!. He sounds cool!. glad u are back.. love the flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This may be my favorite blog post any time, any where, in the history of the internets. And I would DEFINITELY read Patrick's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't cable guys the best? *swoon*

    I got cable about a year ago after not having it for a *very* long time. I was super excited and my cable guy was super sweet (and probably thought I was a big weirdo). I wanted to take a picture but didn't ask. Patrick rules!! I'd totally follow his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so glad to see your blog in bold again with a new post. Yay! I've had more sweetie pie tech guy experiences than not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is so hilarious that you have a picture of your cable guy on your blog, I was chuckling the whole time reading. And I would also totally follow his blog. I love how people are so eccentric and different.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet his blog would be interesting... as yours is!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd read Patrick's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I've been loving your blog for a while now, but not commented before - however, your comment about personal growth being pushed aside & spending 5 hours looking at pooches on petfinder - you're writing about my life!! :) (except my dog of choice is a greyhound!)

    Cable guy's blog sounds like a fantastic idea - I'd love to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats at getting internet back.i hate when i have no internet.im an internet addict. manly chat addict.i dont even chat about anything in perticular i mosty read what they right but when something i know or want to say comes up for part of whatever there talking about i say it.iv got my online friends to one of which iv know close to 9 years.but yeah no internet sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey random, but any chance you could tell me what the purple flower is in the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  17. never mind, i clicked the picture and it said wisteria =). love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh ... please do not ever stop posting! Your page is one of my favs (even though I seldom comment ... I always read ... or look)

    If Patrick does start that blog, let us know - k?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this!! Would love to see his blog, hope he gets around to it! (Hope you are reading this Patrick!! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha! I love this. I was sort of without internet while I was staying with my mother in Michigan. I have to say, the break was nice and whenever I have a break I always swear to "catch up and then try to keep it to a minimum in the future." Let's see if it works this time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I second (third? fourth? sixteenth?) the motion that Patrick start his own blog.

    And welcome back into the digital world!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes I agree too! Patrick's blog would be great. And, as always, beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahah enjoying your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hell with collecting antiques... I think you should take up collecting CABLE GUYS! How cute is he, I ask you?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Most TWC guys I had to deal with up there were creepy bordering on rude. You lucked out.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's one of those "I have absolutely no idea how I came to find this site but I glad I did"

    You have to make it your mantra to get the cable guy to start up that blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. Il me semble que ça ressemble aux glycines avec une senteur particulièrement agréable et puissante en même temps, en tout cas ça me rappelle beaucoup de souvenirs.

    Séréna

    ReplyDelete