A small victory

So maybe it isn't as old as i had dreamed of or deliciously worn in as i had hoped for, but at least I finally found one.



If you've ever been to a thrift store with me, or a vintage store, or a flea market or, i don't know, talked to me for more than 20 minutes, you know that i have been searching high and low for a vintage emerson college sweatshirt since middle school. Who would have thought they'd be so hard to find?

Got my first edition this week, but my eternal love and gratitude will go to the the person who can find me one from the 60s or before. Plus a stupidly high amount of money.

I can't even say how much because my hippie mom reads my blog and i don't want her to know what a lost cause consumer i've grown up to be.

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're not a lost cause consumer! you're just insanely dedicated to the recycle/reuse movement, right? that's my motto and i'm sticking to it. i HAD to buy that vintage velvet dress yesterday. i'm only doing my part.....

    ps....hippie moms......love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i saw one of these in a local vintage store, of course that was in england

    so it would be difficult for you to get hold of :(

    but that is a nice one :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! That gray and purple combination is so classic, and perfect for fall. It looks awfully snuggly, too...

    Gosh darn it now I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! i am so excited for you!

    my branch tee shirt and your emerson sweatshirt should have a play date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. play date. yes. but i still need to find an old Merrick, LI tshirt first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice find. You can always wear it to death and break it in yourself!

    Have you tried searching good old eBay for older versions?

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes. i've had a "vintage emerson college" search alert since 2001.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We should swing into Garment District when you're in town this month. I'd guess that Emerson stuff is thicker on the ground here on its home turf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you ever tried actually going to Emerson college and finding the oldest faculty member there and asking if they've got one in the very back of their closet you could buy? Now that would be authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just spent $50 on a rare vintage 1940s beauty book that I have wanted for near a million years...it's just a book...it's not really worth $50...but I'm so happy that I finally found it after all of these years. Just enjoy it when you find it -- no guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice find and who can put a price on your happiness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How could a mother complain that you value the good name of Emerson?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a friend that goes there!

    ReplyDelete