Brimfield: a pictorial

Brimfield. I laughed. I cried. It was better than Cats.

<span class=
Right out of the starting gate, my camera lost it's ability to focus, as did my mind. And it poured. Like crazy. I was soaking wet and wildly giddy, bordering on manic. Add to that 5,000+ booths of antiques, divine carny food (pulled pork!) plus multitudes of handsome, flannel wearing bearded dealers. It was not pretty.

Poor Grace and Amy just kinda shook their heads and let me zoom around unchaperoned. Which may or may not have been a good idea after I had circled the whole place 3 times, twitching and muttering aloud about not finding enough feed sacks.

<span class=

Never fear, in the end I found my feed sacks while the girls waited in the car to go back to brooklyn. When I fully recover from the excitement, I'll take photos of the haul.

16 comments:

  1. What, no pictures of the "multitudes of handsome, flannel wearing bearded dealers"? ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! So funny. Can't wait to see what you found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to Brimfield! You definitely have to go in with the right mindset though or it can be overwhelming. Yay for handsome, bearded, flannel-wearing dealers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say you look great in most clothes, but feed sacks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Oh my, I am an antiques fanatic and am surrounded by them in my home. Brimfield sounds like heaven!

    ...And yeah, the multitude of handsome bearded men - pictures please! ;o)

    ...Blessings... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am curious about your plans for feed sacks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is great. I love your header! Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "wildly giddy, bordering on manic"

    That is the attitude that leads to adventure. Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. even your pouring rain unfocused photos are awesome....

    you're probably not interested, but i got photo tagged and immediately thought of you. i'm so curious about what the 10th photo in your album is. i just know it's amazing.

    http://aprilink.blogspot.com/2009/09/igloo-in-picture-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feed sacks for my quilt, people! Although I am not above wearing feed sacks, potato sacks or any other type of sack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i had a similar experience...i wonder if we crossed paths?

    i was alone this time, and i think the dealers gave me better deals because they felt bad for me. once i realized this trick i really worked on my forlornery

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had fun. Brimfield is a total beast of a fair. I might try it drunk next time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to go to Brimfield! Alas, I don't drive, and my man is wary of chauffeuring me three hours just so I can OD on old stuff. Spoilsport.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Last year at Brimfield I bought a feed sack for one dollar and hooked a rug over the design using the same colors. This is how rug hooking was started in rural US.

    ReplyDelete