Fruits of labor

stone fruit
Is anyone else in shock that it's now august? I mean real, unbelievable shock. I haven't even broken out the trusty vintage swimsuit yet.

stone fruit
These are the days we all ache for come february and they're slipping by as quick as can be. Normally I'm all excited for fall and flannel and sweaters come june, but this year is different. Can't it be summer forever? Please?

stone fruit
On saturday my boss plunked down 2 plums and a nectarine on the counter as he made his way home from the farmers market. Divine happiness. They were the kind of little plums that you can eat like cherries. You take one bite the normal way, slurp up the juice and pop them in your mouth, nearly whole and spit out the pit. If you are lucky, a little juice runs down your arms, which is a sure sign of deliciousness. Happens most often with insanely ripe and perfect peaches.

apple a day
I've been meaning to post a photo of this 1930's apple sauce label since I redid my header ages ago, but forgot where i had stashed it. Look familiar? My photoshop chops aren't exactly up to snuff, but there you go.

apple a day
This past week has been a whirlwind and this coming one seems to be more of the same. Tomorrow is an exciting day for me, fingers crossed, okay?

16 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well for you. I enjoy reading your blog because you have a kind heart.
    Please keep your being who you are and not trying to be someone else. This is why your blog is genuine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the name of the father.... Thomas James Merrick the 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is more delicious than a sugar plum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel exactly the same about summer this year and I don't want it to end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm convinced that I once ate a magical peach from an orchard by my grandparents. Seriously, it solved all my problems.

    What happens tomorrow?! I'm all agog, with fingers duly crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. I have been enjoying as many nectarines and peaches as possible. It really feels like summer is almost over! Say it ain't so!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my gracious, I didn't realize this was posted yesterday. I just clicked through my bookmarks and saw D*S. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i found you under blogs of note. and i had such a good time looking "how i'd wear it"! and juice running down your arm... That my dear girl IS heaven, to be sure! thanks for entertaining me...i really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cant wait for summer to get all the good fruit again

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very good your post, but this blog is very good: http://lusasportsemgeral.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fruits are the essence of summer.
    Just think, these are the days we dreamed about last winter.

    Here's hoping that what you have dreamed of also bears fruit,
    tomorrow and always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats making blogs of note.

    enjoying your nh history as we now live in the white mtns.

    photo of the plums on stone is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete