It's in the bag

Mulholland bag
I've been wanting a "grownup" bag forever now. A bag that isn't either A. a printed canvas tote or B. a darling vintage handbag that's so small it can barely fit my wallet and cellphone inside. I've reached that stage in life where I, gasp, have to carry my computer places for work and I was getting tired of hauling it in an African basket tote.

favorite dress
I've been eyeing this one for a couple of years, ever since I starting stalking the Mulholland website, thanks to J. Peterman. (Mulholland makes the Peterman gladstone, which I've been lusting after nearly my whole natural life and gosh darn, it's gone up another $100 in '09!)

Mulholland bag
A hearty thanks to the new and improved "vintage" room at Stella Dallas. It was $50. Instead of $500. Brand new. How's that for shameless bragging. That was classless, I'm sorry. A real lady would never tell.

My dear friend Kit says, without a hint of irony, that I'm going to end up getting married to the bag. We're going to grow old together and ride off into the sunset, side by side.

PS- It's kinda scary posting pictures of ones self on a blog. Now y'all know what I look like when I'm not in flapper costume, just my daily New England of undetermined vintage costume.

PPS- Dress look familiar?

PPPS- I have insanely exciting news that will have to wait till next week. Na Na Na Na nana.
Sticks tongue out and wiggles fingers behind ears.


25 comments:

  1. What a find! That bag looks like it'll last forever, just getting more and more soft and buttery and perfectly worn-in. So so lovely--as are its accompanying dress and lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want a grown up bag. i have too many funky bags and i recently bought two great vintage bags that were more grown up but they are too pretty to use! so now i am back where i started. i'm glad you showed us your pretty face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this post is loaded with tons of excitement! Great score on the bag, looks beautiful. And yes, you were very brave on the picture... I have been wondering about doing the same thing myself but also feel a little creeped out about it, BUT you are gorgeous and it's such a pleasure to see your smiling face! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought what I consider to be my first grown-up purse a few years ago. As in, it was made of real leather and smelled good and cost more than I'd ever spent on a purse before. It turns three at the end of August and it has never looked better. It's sad that I know this.

    PS - A lady wouldn't tease either. What are you up to? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing bag, but I can't stop staring at the dress. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bag, beautiful broad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, a. you look all sorts of amazing in these photos so keep 'em coming, and b. ohmygodthatbag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bag is great! I love Stella Dallas- I always find great things for very affordable (for NYC) prices. The only problem is I live around the corner from there so I have to force myself to avoid it, otherwise I would be in there looking ever day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bag is just perfect! And you look fantastic. The two of you look very happy together :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw thanks guys. Nothing like posting a goofy photo of yourself on the internet for validation. Remember "Hot or Not"? so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bag is beautiful, its perfect

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely bag, lovely dress, lovely you! Oh, and brag away I say! Can't wait to hear the news :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where are you two registered? And do you want to have children right away? ;-) Seriously, great bag, I'd take a million pics of it as well!

    WHAT NEWS!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always on the look out for bags beautiful and big enough for my laptop, wish i owned that one! only just found your blog and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My only problem is that I want it! (But I kind of want everything you find!) But then we'd be two Amys walking around Williamsburg with the same bag!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two brunette Amy Elizabeths who live in Williamsburg with the same awesome part time gig, mind you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look adorable and I love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, you are just about the cutest gal there is!! I'm all sorts of shy over posting pictures of me on the internet too...but you really are such a lovely lady! And that dress! Oh dear..I think I've been swooning over that one ever since I saw your other post about it! It doesn't get more perfect than that!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. both your dress and your bag are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a great bag! and your new . old dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my god. That is a fantastic bag. I am so jealous! Congrats on your superfabulous find. I have one that is very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love this bag and can any one go to www.janetsbloggerworld.blogspot.com Please

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great bag! I've been searching for a new bag for ... well, for forever. I want it to be just perfect and timeless so needless to say I'll be looking for a long, long time. Thanks for sharing the pics of you! Lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That bag is amazing! I have been searching for a bag like that lately :)
    I really love your blog! Check out mine? I just started it :) http://hauteandfauxie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete