Elmwood clothesline

And so begins the steady stream of Elmwood photos... The most summery, girly photos first!

Elmwood
Growing up, my family didn't have a dryer. Nor did we find it all that romantic at the time, it meant a lot of stiff jeans, scratchy towels and thunderstorm disasters.

Elmwood
Now, of course, I consider clotheslines just to die for. If I could sun bleach all my sheets in fresh air (not Williamsburg truck exhaust), I would.

Elmwood
Needless to say, Elmwood doesn't have a working dryer so I got to play Laura Ingalls Wilder for 2 weeks.

Elmwood

PS- My sister patterned and made all of these unmentionables. That's another childhood nightmare that's come full circle to be one of my favorite things ever, homemade underpants!

19 comments:

  1. oh my! homemade undergarments? i could cry with the loveliness of it all. all your posts make me feel this way it has to be said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely. love the homemade undies and the clothes line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome. You have a crazy talented family. I checked out your sisteer's blog too...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so gorgeous! Your family sounds amazingly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mentioned you on my blog today, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'M obsessed with your sister's unmentionables!!
    Haha, that just sounds wrong but they are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. While normally the idea of homemade underpants would scare me these are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely lovely photos! They make me wish I had a country home...

    ReplyDelete
  9. O my lawdy..I have never heard of homemade underpanties ! How charming in a unique sorta way. Sweet post n photos.
    smiles
    DarLie
    aka "LiBBy BuTTons"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those are just amazing! Now I have a new project- making some homemade knickers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your sister is so talented-- i love the straps on that green bra.

    how nice to see such a summery, feminine clothesline.

    ReplyDelete
  12. those unmentionables are so lovely they must be mentioned! what perfect ruffles. they just dont mass produce perfection like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so pretty, I have made silk underwear, french knickers and chemises, but these are way beyond my skills.
    Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's not every day you stumble across photos of your skivvies posted on the Internet! Wow, I'm positively tickled to see all your sweet comments. Thank you.

    Amy- the photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. micha, just wait till your cute little butt graces the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it lovely, those grandma panties?!?
    =)

    ReplyDelete