Architectural drafts

Elmwood

Stashed in the attic at Elmwood are about 30 of my great great uncle Harold Robinson's drafting assignments from New Hampshire College ca. 1909.

New Hampshire family
The man himself, during his senior year.

Elmwood
There's nothing quite as satisfyingly simple as inked lines on paper and I love that they manage to be both utilitarian and sensitive. Plus I've been gravitating towards less feminine things for my house lately, gotta balance out the collection of antique teddy bears somehow!

<span class=

<span class=
They really should be framed (and hanging in my apartment!) instead of living in danger of attic mice snacking on them. That would be a tragedy with a capital T.

7 comments:

  1. i thought of john g when i first saw these. john and laraine. my two architecture babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've posted about your blog. I'm just addicted to your attic explorations and the way you share these with us. I've taken the liberty of adding some of your pictures in my post (not forgetting appropriate photo credits). Hope you don't mind. I'm sorry the post is not translated, I just don't have the time, but it is a very positive post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good golly all of these are amazing!! Real dream finds! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be very interesting to Spezify you and see what comes up spezify - ically on the online scapbook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove antique shopping! It's one of my favorite hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, what glorious goodness! And, as an archivist-in-training, I most wholeheartedly agree that you should frame them!

    ReplyDelete