Off the wagon

Sadly, I think my minimalist moment has ended and I am shopping again. Dear lord, how did this happen?! I was doing so good for a while.

Oh right. It was the thrift store blue and white china. At least these were only a buck.

I'm not normally a huge fan of souvenir plates, but this one is from New Hampshire so I couldn't pass it up even if I wanted to. Which I didn't.



I think I fell for the back of the plate more than I did for the front. Not the first time nor the last.

Yesterday I roped Kristi into shooting a little blue and white table spread. It started off as something completely different and I kept on adding some blue in between shots, till, POOF... It was all about the blue and white.

As always.

9 comments:

  1. a.m.a.z.i.n.g!!! I love blue and white and the photos are spectacular!!

    So you fell off the wagon..but you didn't blow the bank doing it...and come on, when we see something that just makes us feel good, can there be anything better???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but they are so lovely, and honestly, if that's the worst of your spending I say good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love, love love the shot you came up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! y'all are souch a dream team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem: one week it's purge, purge, purge, the next week I'm mapping optimal routes to 5-6 estate sales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been finding any good blue and white plates lately. They're always too pricey. I think the key here is you're finding them at "thrift stores" and I usually shop "antique stores" which means they get to charge more. Hrm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How have I missed this blog? Oh my gosh - it's fantastic ... off to read more. I left a comment on your May 11, 2008 post, your carniverous terrarium is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete