Back to the cat.

His name is Bertie. Like Gilbert Blythe, Bertie Botts (I'm outed as a massive HP nerd) or Sesame Street.

He is adorable. He is charming. He is handsome. He is a cheeky little monster. He fell behind the stove yesterday and was there for about 6 hours. Not a single peep.


I though he kamikazed out of the 3rd story window. I was in hysterics. Jim played it cool for the most part. We were both a wreck, though. Eventually Jim thought to move the stove to double check he couldn't fit behind it. Well, he could and he did.

But I think he knows better then to pull a stunt like that again. I almost smothered him to death with kisses afterwards and while he tolerated the kissing, I don't think he'd like to have it happen again.

11 comments:

  1. what a darling little puff monster! six hours without a peep? oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! thanks for the update Amy! What a cute fluff ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite Bertie is Bertie Wooster! He looks like he's making himself nicely at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know about that Bertie.

    And I think it's amazing that when I googled Bertie Wooster, the first thing that came up was a video of him singing "Minnie the Moocher", which is where I got my other cats name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, my favourite Bertie is of the Wooster variety too. The books are hilarious. Poor Bertie getting stuck behind the stove. So glad you thought to look for him there. He is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbly cute.

    sequincat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, how cute is he? My cat got trapped behind the washing machine not once but twice in my old place in Austin. He used to have this ridiculous vertical leap so I was convinced he could jump out if he needed to. But when he didn't emerge, eventually I had to slide the washer out, climb behind it and fish him out (it was positioned tightly between two walls). (sigh) Don't you just love cats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading your blog and especially enjoyed seeing the photos of your handsome new cream puff. I, too, recently adopted a cat from Animal Care and Control (of Manhattan) -- a traumatized six-year-old. I was disturbed by the chaos at the facility, though, and the number of kitties that are being abandoned by their owners these days. I've since noticed that the NYCACC website has instructions for sewing comforters for the cats and small dogs. Maybe your creative pals would be interested? Here's the url:

    http://www.nycacc.org/cagecomforters.htm

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love him! what a catch! ...way to go on the harry potter reference, by the way. i miss our rainy weekends of listening to harry potter on tape in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great cat story. Such a cute cat, and a ravishing photo of him. Keep taking good care of him! He is blessed to have such a good home, with people getting upset over him when he disappears.

    ReplyDelete