Stamp Collecting

(My hard drive crashed. I lost all of my data. I had jury duty. Sob, Domino closed. I'm sorry I haven't updated in weeks, I've been pulling my hair out about other things.)

But one thing that will always cheer me up are stamps. I love stamps. I also love fountain pens, kraft paper envelopes, sealing wax and address books because they facilitate the use of stamps.

These new Poe stamps are about the best thing I've seen this year. He is so eerily handsome and dapper, I love him, I really do. Not to mention he lived and died in Baltimore, damn near invented the mystery genre and signed his name in gold ink on this stamp.


I suffered a 40 minute wait at the Park Slope Post Office to buy 3 sheets worth. I recommend you buy them online and spend the time you saved by reading The Tell-Tale Heart.

6 comments:

  1. love that you still have a super attitude amidst the mess. That's the spirit. pip pip and all that! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shucks. It's nice to get a vote of confidence. Thanks, Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, and just a note about jury duty. During my second week of law school my prof told me, "congratulations you are now all ineligible for jury duty because you have 'some law knowledge'". So that's the key to avoiding 'the duty'- go to law school for at least two weeks (or at least that's what it's like in Canada).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny! Well I'm glad y'all get a little "get out of jail" free card for struggling through law school. For me, 2 weeks of law school would be much more traumatizing than jury duty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh! i love these!! thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh! these are lovely. i have to make a trip to the post office today, i'll have to pick some up.

    ReplyDelete