O Tannenbaum

The tree is up, the lights are on. I kid you not, I slept on the living room floor the very first night it was up.*

*Full disclosure- Yes, my parents were in town and thus in my bed, but regardless, I was very excited about the tree!

I'm still a spellbound kid when it comes to Christmas trees, except this year I can't seem to put any ornaments on it. It just looks so pretty as is, I feel like I'd be doing the tree a disservice to junk it up with stuff.

I did put a little tree topper on, just for good measure, however.

And a real birds nest and pheasant, both from my mom. But that's it. No vintage balls, no tinsel, no garlands, no nothing.

This is a big step for me, not cluttering when the opportunity presents it's self. I wonder if it'll last.

7 comments:

  1. this blog typically details the life i want to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! At my parents' house we've left the tree w/ just lights a few times since I have been an adult. When you have a beautiful real tree sometimes it feels more magical with only the lights, like a fairy tree. Or something. Ok, that was dumb, but you know what I mean, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no no, it wasn't dumb at all! I said the same thing to my boyfriend, I guess we're birds of a feather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have one of those "if nothing matches than everything matches" tree.. it's pretty ugly. But funny enough, I was looking at the trees at the grocery store last night thinking just that - the plain white lights are beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no such thing as an ugly christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just make sure you don't trip up Santa when you're down there on the floor. Poor guy will think he's getting mugged.

    ReplyDelete